Upper Hunter Shire Council wants to attract innovation, diversification and new ideas to the Scone area. Council is supportive of new business and as a member of the Small Business Friendly Councils Program, Scone is the location to establish your enterprise.
MAJOR OUTPUT INDUSTRIES
- Agriculture inc Equine 27.5%
- Manufacturing inc meat processing 15.4%
- Construction 10.7%
- Rental, Hiring & Real Estate Services 9.6%
- Retail Trade 8.8%
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics’ (ABS) 2016
Why invest in Scone?
- Comparatively lower land cost
- Transport options and access
- Access to reliable electricity
- High water quality and availability
- Ability to attract a workforce, Scone is the town people choose for a tree change
- Access to markets. 2 hours to Newcastle and 3 to Sydney
- Mining activity, Scone is 30 minutes from significant coal mining activity